Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Responsible for the general supervision of employees assigned to the production areas. Is able to perform all tech- nical tasks required within the production areas. Provides assistance to management to achieve business goals.
All listed duties must comply with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
Operations Lead (70%)
◦ Ensures that all center employees comply with all federal, state, local and company-specific rules, reg- ulations, and practices related to quality, to the safety of products, donors, and employees and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
◦ Effectively schedules employee hours to meet the needs of the business.
◦ Understands Inventory Control and general accounting concepts to maintain good inventory practices within the center.
◦ Effectively manages the production areas, motivates and encourages employees to meet their perfor- mance goals, and comply with company quality standards and procedures.
◦ Addresses donor and employee concerns in a timely manner.
◦ Properly documents and counsels employees on non-conforming events, working with management to determine root cause.
◦ Perform all non-core area tasks, and those limited to CS and above.
◦ Maintain qualifications and perform all duties (core and elective) for Medical History, Phlebotomy, and Sample Processing areas.
People development (30%):
◦ Provides regular feedback to employees and management regarding center and employee perfor- mance.
◦ Ensures that employees are committed to customer service expectations.
◦ Fosters teamwork. Works collaboratively with staff, peers, and management to achieve business goals. Communicates continuously and resolves conflicts proactively.
◦ Participates in the employment application pre-screening and interviewing process for center staff.
◦ Initiates employee disciplinary action in accordance with company policies and procedures, as necessary.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
Attention to detail and ability to work independently
Demonstrated technical competence
Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate rec- ords.
Requires obtaining and maintaining Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification.
Putting the patient at the center
Building trust with society
Reinforcing our reputation
Developing the business
Decision-making and Autonomy
Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns (internal)
Refers to Center Manager for guidance decisions (internal)
Advises and counsels hourly staff on operational, safety, and customer service concerns. (internal)
Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee. Requires frequent lifting up to 32 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of production-based work tasks require pro-longed glove wear.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other regulated environment is a plus.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree desirable.
FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - Company website.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - Company website_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_Company website
Pay Transparency Policy - Company website-transp_Company website
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Sign up and search through 23,340 curated jobs in the Biotech Edition: