Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Responsibilities CDS Trainee is responsible for conducting clinically based concurrent and retrospective reviews of inpatient medical records to evaluate the clinical documentation is reflective of quality of care outcomes and reimbursement compliance for acute care services provided. CDS Trainee will work closely with the medical staff to facilitate appropriate clinical documentation of patient care. Other responsibilities include conducting documentation for inpatient admission criteria, initial and extended-stay concurrent reviews on all selected admissions and documenting findings. Additional duties as provided.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Medical Graduate, PA or Nursing Graduate.
2. Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in an acute care setting.
3. Knowledge of care delivery documentation systems and related medical record documents.
4. Knowledge of age-specific needs and the elements of disease processes and related procedures.
5. Strong broad-based clinical knowledge and understanding of pathology / physiology of disease processes.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent critical thinking skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills to build effective partnering relationships with physicians, nurse staff and hospital management staff.
8. Working knowledge of inpatient admission criteria.
9. Ability to work independently in a time-oriented environment.
10. Computer literacy and familiarity with the operation of basic office equipment.
11. Assertive personality traits to facilitate ongoing physician communication.
1. Working knowledge of Medicare reimbursement system and coding structures preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: Company website_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_Company website
Sign up and search through 207,237 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: