Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Company is recognized as a top-tier commercial insurer. Although it is over 100 years old, the company is focused on leveraging new technology, innovating with new tools and analytics, and working to stay on top of a dynamic industry.
The Catastrophe Management group is seeking a Cat Modeling Analyst to join a highly technical and dynamic team, tasked with driving improvement in the company’s overall management of catastrophe risk. Our team is responsible for identifying, monitoring, and managing several sources of aggregating risks, including natural catastrophes, terrorism, cyber liability, and other liability catastrophes. If you join this group you will gain valuable experience in Cat modeling and exposure management analytics. You will have the opportunity to interact with other groups, including: underwriting, reinsurance, actuarial, finance, and claims.
This position will report to the VP of Exposure Management. We seek individuals that have a strong desire to learn about managing catastrophes, possess solid analytical capabilities, and have a willingness to work at a quick pace.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Use the AIR and RMS Cat models to analyze Company’s catastrophe portfolio, research risk drivers, understand exposure trends, and work to find solutions to problems that arise
2. Enhances modeling and reporting processes
3. Support regulatory requirements
4. Provide quantitative support for financial analysis, management reporting, and other economic research
5. Perform research on various catastrophe-related topics and model validation exercises to support portfolio management, underwriting, reinsurance analytics, and pricing.
6. Learn to operate new models (liability and cyber)
7. Communicate and provide guidance to Actuarial, Finance, Economic Capital modelers, Reinsurers, and Underwriting for the appropriate interpretation of the Cat model for analysis and forecasting
8. Track Catastrophe events and provide information to executive management and claims
9. Work diligently and have a high degree of accountability
May perform additional duties as assigned.
VP of Aggregation and Catastrophe Management
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Experience managing large amounts of data and good understanding of relational databases
2. Knowledge of insurance, policy terms and conditions
3. Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues. Excellent sense of detail.
4. Experience running a Cat model (AIR or RMS) is desired
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of Company’s internal and external business partners
6. Experience using Tableau is desired
7. Good time management with strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage work deliverables effectively
8. Ability to adapt to change and value diverse opinions and ideas
9. Ability to fully comprehend business information and to further articulate analysis in internal reports
10. Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business related software and other company systems
Education & Experience
1. A Bachelor's degree in technical field, such as computer science, math, actuarial science, statistics, engineering, physical science, or finance
2. Typically a minimum of 1 to 3 years of work experience
Sign up and search through 103,310 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: