Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Licensed- High School/Career Development Coordinator
Percent Employed: 100%
Months of Employment: 10
Position Type: Continuing
Level of Benefits: Full benefits
Pay Range: State Teacher Salary + [8.5% - 16% local supplement]
Minimum Degree Level:
Under the general supervision of the School Principal and CTE Director, to develop, coordinate, and follow the Career and Technical Education (CTE) curriculum while empowering students to be successful citizens, workers and leaders in a global economy. All programs in Career and Technical Education are designed to contribute to the broad educational achievement of students through focus on the following:
◦ Identify, organize, plan, and allocate resources – time, money, materials and facilities, and human resources.
◦ Work with others by participating as a team member, serving clients/customers, negotiating, and working with diversity.
◦ Acquire and use information.
◦ Work with and operate effectively within social organizations and technological systems.
◦ Work with a variety of technologies.
◦ Contribute to the development of reading, writing, listening, speaking, and mathematical skills.
◦ Contribute to the development of thinking creatively, making decisions, solving problems, and reasoning.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide and coordinate career development services to students in local schools and school systems. Description of Responsibilities: The Career Development Coordinators (CDC) role is to support Career and Technical Education (CTE) and to coordinate career development services for students participating in CTE. The CDC works collaboratively with administrators, student services personnel, and teachers to ensure the delivery of career development services. CDCs facilitate linkages with parents, business/industry, postsecondary institutions, and community organizations to support students’ transition to postsecondary education and employment. The CDC responsibilities incorporate the North Carolina Standard Course of Study, National Career Development Guidelines, the National Model for School Counseling Programs and Future-Ready Students For the 21st Century. Specific Career Development Coordinator responsibilities are outlined as follows:
1.00 CAREER DEVELOPMENT
◦ 1.01 Coordinate career development services.
◦ 1.02 Promote career awareness, exploration, and planning.
◦ 1.03 Provide career development, occupational, labor market, non-traditional career, and post secondary information.
2.00 PREPARATORY SERVICES
◦ 2.01 Assists students with selection of appropriate academic and CTE courses.
◦ 2.02 Coordinate career planning activities in classrooms, groups, or individual sessions.
◦ 2.03 Provide and coordinate administration and interpretation of career assessments.
◦ 2.04 Provide information on postsecondary education programs and employment opportunities.
◦ 2.05 Assist students with postsecondary education and employment opportunities.