Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Full Time, Day Shift, Saint Joseph East Hospital- Med Surg
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Company!
Job Summary / Purpose
Organizes and promotes efficient workflow within the unit.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Acts as a communication liaison by greeting all internal and external customers to proactively meet service requests and to promote positive customer relations.
2. Provides patient care under the supervision of licensed staff, Charge Nurse, Clinical Manager, Unit Manager or Director of Nursing in performing electrocardiograph exams, watching monitors for unit patients, informing the RN of significant rhythms and admitting/discharging patients from the monitoring system.
3. Maintains designated hospital competencies validated by the Competency Based Orientation (CBO) plan.
4. Demonstrates a strong belief and behaviors consistent with the Saint Joseph Health Mission and Core Values (Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence).
5. Complies with safety and emergency procedures.
6. Complies with organizational policies.
7. Documents activities consistent with organizational guidelines.
8. Performs critical/frequent procedures or services.
9. Provides care/services based on identified needs.
10. Uses required equipment for providing care/services.
11. Consults with organizational resources.
12. Demonstrates professional responsibility as per job classification.
13. Demonstrates Core Values Guest Relations/Guest Service Standards.
14. Demonstrates Core Values Based on Behavioral Standards.
15. Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
High School Diploma or GED
Required Licensure and Certifications
Certification from an approved nursing assistant course, previous experience as a nurse assistant, or one completed semester of healthcare related clinical experience. BLS required.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Adequate conversational English is required in order that the individual be able to take direction from management, understand how to complete job tasks, communicate adequately with patients and co-workers as necessary, understand and follow safety guidelines, and understand the Associate Handbook and all hospital policies. Must be able to successfully identify cardiac rhythms within the initial orientation period.
Previous successful experience with cardiac monitoring. One year of secretarial experience and previous exposure to medical terminology. Be proficient in keyboarding and possess good Windows platform computer skills.
To learn more about this role and our CALL TO SERVE, please contact Paige at ___@___(apply_to_show_email).
Requisition ID: 2020-R0282693
Shift: Day Job
Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Sign up and search through 141,294 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: