Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Under general direction, performs functions related to business activities including, but not limited to: greeting patients, families and visitors, scheduling and registering patients for appointments via phone and face-to-face communication, collecting and posting patient payments, completing charge entry activities, monitoring registration work queues, faxing, copying, collating correspondence, ordering office and medical supplies.
1. Schedules patient appointments and maintains provider schedules.
2. Completes patient registration following the Company Corporate Registration procedures (i.e. demographics, insurance verification, payment collection).
3. Informs patients of delays in appointment times and/or processing of requests.
4. Effectively communicates with all internal and external customers and patients.
5. Coordinates medical record for release, in accordance with Company and Company Medical Group policies and procedures.
7. Coordinates and facilitates new patient and annual forms (i.e. consent to treat, medical records release).
8. Demonstrates knowledge and commitment to the mission, philosophy and objectives of the Company Medical Group and Company.
9. Provides a pleasant and comfortable environment. Demonstrates compassion, caring and sensitivity to patients and others in all daily encounters and transactions.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of and utilizes performance improvement plans to improve patient outcome and satisfaction.
11. Demonstrates competency in job skills and attends mandatory training programs.
12. Verbalizes knowledge of and participates in emergency management exercises.
13. Ensures functionality of equipment.
14. Participates in maintaining continuous accreditation readiness.
15. Active participation as a team member, including mentoring new employees.
16. Attends and participates in all practice/department meetings, as required.
17. Participates in the patient referral process, as required.
18. Maintains inventory and stocking of supplies and equipment, may include ordering of supplies.
19. May perform surgical scheduling or surgical boarding for outpatient procedures and/or inpatient admissions.
20. Demonstrates knowledge of phone room/call center activities, responsibilities, and requirements, for applicable sites with a phone room/call center.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 2-3 years of experience in a customer service role required, preferably in a patient facing healthcare position.
· Strong communication skills, multi-task oriented, sensitivity to others, ability to prioritize, self-motivated and ability to handle stressful situations.
· Must be competent in Microsoft Office, and willing to learn other computer programs.
· Previous Electronic Health Record (EHR) experience preferred.
· Familiarity with common medical terminology preferred
Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Sign up and search through 189,190 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: