Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Plasma Center Technician / Entry level Phlebotomist
Are you interested in working in the healthcare industry? Ready to make a career out of making a difference? As an entry level Plasma Center Technicianat BioLife, you will receive on-the-job training and feel good about the work you do.
Life-saving work you can believe in.
Every day, the donors you meet will motivate you. The high-quality plasma you collect will become life-changing medicines. Here, a commitment to customer service and quality is expected.
A typical day for you may include:
● Exceptional Customer Service:Answer phones, and greet and focus on our donors, while ensuring the safety of donors and our team.
● Medical History Records:You’ll use your attention to detail to screen new and repeat donors, and take and record donor vital signs and finger stick results. You will use our Donor Information System, prepare donor charts, maintain accurate records, and coordinate donor compensation.
● Continuous Improvement:You will help to identify operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiate changes to center processes, as needed, through the use of company approved procedures.
● Supportive Teamwork:You’ll work in our fast-paced, team environment; ensure a clean and professional work environment; attend team meetings; work closely with your management team; and problem-solve together.
● Being Dependable: You’ll be there for our donors, which includes working a variety of shifts, Saturdays and Sundays, and holidays.
● Phlebotomy:You may learn how to install, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot state-of-the-art plasmapheresis machines while ensuring the safety of our donors.
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Ability to walk and/or stand for the entire work shift
● Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
● Ability to lean, bend, stoop, crouch, and reach above shoulders and below knees
● Ability to lift up to 5 lbs., and occasional lifting of materials up to 32 lbs. and rarely 50 lbs.
● Fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment from a distance
● Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require prolonged glove wear
● Experience working in food service, retail, hospital, lab, or a regulated environment
● Strong customer service skills
● Desire to work in a fast-paced workplace
About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we’ll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - Company website.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - Company website_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_Company website
Pay Transparency Policy - Company website-transp_Company website
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Sign up and search through 25,787 curated jobs in the Biotech Edition: