Company website has been rated one of the most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Company’s technology business (AWS) has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. We are looking for an accomplished Emerging Market Business Development Manager (BDM) for the SMB segment to drive adoption of AWS Emerging Services (AI / ML / Deep Learning, IoT, AR/VR) in the US.
You have the opportunity to be a builder and be creative. As a BDM, your responsibilities will include partnering with Americas Sales teams to define key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets. You will also be responsible for enabling the sales teams and drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. Your responsibilities will include creating a written strategy, executing sales initiatives, sales plays and go to market offerings. Working very closely with the sales management to help them drive revenue, AWS adoption, and market penetration within the various SMB Named and Greenfield customer segments is where we need you to be creative. Being accountable for and own the AI/ML and IoT customer assigned goal as well as storage primarily for the area will provide strategic short and long term value. The ideal candidate will possess a business development / sales background who understands strategic initiatives yet helps drive revenue growth and adoption of emerging technologies.
The BDM will be responsible for:
1. Increasing revenue and adoption for AWS emerging services focused on AI/ML, IoT, and AR/VR.
2. Working closely with sales management and Platform Business Development teams to insure alignment of strategic product and solution initiatives to drive adoption and growth of AWS platform.
3. Partnering with other service BDMs to make sure the regional needs are made aware, represented, and managed with Service teams. Primary BDM responsibilities will include helping to define key customer segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in various customer segments, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity.
The ideal candidate must:
1. Earn Trust, be biased for action, ability to deep dive on data and drive for results.
2. Possess a business development and sales background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels within Startups and Mid-Market customers.
3. Have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives.
4. Will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute on sales plays and initiatives and track progress.
5. Has done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations, and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling.
6. Comfortable assisting in an opportunity sales cycle and can partner with various teams to (Account Executive, Solutions Architect, etc.) to develop, propose and close new business.
Leads senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explores how the new SMB services can help address and resolve these issues.
Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the service, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements.
Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.
Educate and enable the sales teams and increase visibility of support across all AWS markets.
Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
10+ years of business development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
5-10 years selling technology, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry
Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
Experience with, and detailed knowledge of the support market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
Experience selling to Small & Midsize Organizations
Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc.)
MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Company website is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
** For more information on Company Web Services, please visit Company website **