Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Job Number: 11342
Group: Company Powertrain
Division: EC Troy
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That’s what we’re passionate about at Company Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complex powertrain systems. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and create the future of mobility at Company Powertrain.
MISSION OF THE POSITION:
The Base Software Engineer is responsible for the development of embedded software in C/C++ programming language. In this role, the engineer will work mainly in the working in the ECU and Microcontroller abstraction layers to develop, configure, and diagnose the complex drivers to develop and configure the AUTOSAR stack within the Base Software Module. These activities shall begin during the concept phase of a project and extend through the serial development phase to the end of production.
As an Intermediate level engineer, the engineer will work independently with limited supervision to evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using knowledge and judgement to make adaptations and modifications.
• Designs and develops low level driver software including:
o Programming in C and assembly language for low level drivers, such as boot loaders, A/D drivers, CAN communications, diagnostics, etc. hardware/software integration, memory usage analysis, stack usage analysis, timing analysis and throughput analysis.
• Develops software requirements specifications and software functional specifications, including:
o performing requirement analysis, software architecture design and optimization, data structure design, and low level software requirement development,
• Performs coding, unit testing, debugging and modifying of complex embedded systems software to ensure project objectives and schedules are met.
• Coordinates and participates in software design reviews and code reviews.
• Documents and archives software program releases in accordance with company software development process.
• Works closely with a team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to solve cross functional design issues and deliver top quality products to the end user.
• Provides technical expertise on embedded software to multiple project teams, assists in the resolution of product based technical issues.
• Practice and maintain integrity while following Company’s Charter and Constitution.
• Follow Company’s Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
• Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF) .
• Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
• Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of self are performed in a safe manner.
• Health & Safety responsibilities:
o Understand applicable Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
o Report unsafe conditions immediately.
o Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately.
o Follow safety rules.
o Comply with requirements for the use or operation of machines or equipment.
o Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
• Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
• Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
• Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
• Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
CUSTOMERS AND BUSINESS INTERFACES:
• Electrical Hardware Engineering
• Mechatronic Systems Engineering
• Software & HIL Test Engineering
• Project Management
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering required - Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering major preferred
• 3 – 5 years of experience in embedded software development and/or software engineering.
• 2+ years of strong C, programming skills and assembly languages with expertise in well-structured and documented analysis, design and coding.
• 2 - 5 years of experience with AUTOSAR configuration using vector tools (DaVinci Configurator Pro, DaVinci Developer) required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with debugging Davinci Configurator Pro or Developer issues with Trace32 required.
• 2+ years of experience working in the ECU and Microcontroller abstraction layers to develop, configure, and diagnose complex drivers.
• Experience with automotive CAN communications (UDS, XCP) and diagnostics,
• Working knowledge of version control and bug tracking software preferably PTC preferred.
• Experience with Freescale 16 and/or 32 bit MCUs and Code Warrior or Infineon Series 3/7 compiler preferred, but not required.
• Experience with CMMI and/or SPICE preferred, not required
• Moderation and problem-solving techniques
• Working knowledge in computer based software, strong organizational/communication skills, and ability to work with others in a team environment
Up to 10% travel required.
While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by manufacturing processes.