Overview of Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the locating, identifying, moving, and parking of vehicles in assigned areas in a safe, efficient and effective manner and in compliance with Auction safety rules and regulations in support of Inspections production environment and process flow.
Key Accountabilities Include:
• Remove license plates from vehicles delivered to receiving lot and write plate numbers on driver's door window. Forward plates to appropriate auction personnel.
• Locate and drive vehicles scheduled for inspections to facilitate flow of inspection production area.
• As directed by supervisor, drive vehicles from canopies to designated areas for approval staging.
• Ensure that barcode stickers are affixed to vehicles prior to moving into inspector working area. Notify supervisor of any vehicles missing Bar code stickers.
• As directed by supervisor, remove unnecessary identification, trash or debris into from vehicles into specified containers. Relocate and park vehicles as directed.
• Move vehicles to wash areas or wash vehicles as necessary.
• Assist other employees who may be unfamiliar with lot operations and lot practices.
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., direct traffic flow during/after sales, organize/stage sale cars after the sale, etc.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Must have a valid driver’s license, a safe driving record and experience driving standard and automatic transmissions.
• Auction or related industry experience is a plus.
• Can follow directions and take instruction.
• Must be self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task.
• Good written and verbal communication skills with various levels of staff and customers/clients.
• Must be customer focused.
• Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions.