Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Technical property position responsible for the direction, management and oversight of global property strategic initiatives as directed by the VP of Risk Control Property. Ensures effective implementation of strategic and operational objectives, guidelines and policies for Risk Control, in accordance with the company’s strategic plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Implements strategic objectives with measurable impact and success for Risk Control in property for specifically assigned segments: manufacturing, healthcare, construction, and all refine segments.
2. Monitors overall performance and operational results of the Risk Control unit. Drives implementation of policy, procedure, compliance initiatives and best practices across the Property Risk Control function. Responsible for developing core Property Risk Control Guidelines and technical standards.
3. Monitors growth and business written to ensure Risk Control resources are in alignment with business objectives. Demonstrates Risk Control impact with delivery of customer services.
4. Advises territory, customer segment, distribution staff, and product line management of current and emerging Risk Control issues, specifically in property and business interruption.
5. Develops and delivers Risk Control training, educational materials, and seminars for existing US field staff and or clients from introductory to advanced including SORCE.
6. Uses deep understanding of Segments and customer feedback to identify Enterprise Risk Control opportunities to develop innovative products and services to deliver a superior customer experience.
7. Responsible for developing, implementing and administering a global, centralized fire protection plan review process for all field branch RC Staff. Also responsible for developing the appropriate methodology for fire protection hydraulic analysis reviews for field RC Staff.
8. Responsible for book of business analysis in property with respect to fire, special hazards and CAT related losses. Responsible for revising property risk assessments based on data as well new risk assessment evaluation techniques or technology.
9. May represent company through speaking engagements, faculty appointments, industry conferences and article submissions. Expected to represent Company on several National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) committees.
10. Utilizes professional engineering (P.E.) skills and methods to assist Company Hardy and Company Canada in developing their Risk Assessment protocols utilizing international standards, with a focus on complex and high hazard industries/occupancies. May be required to conduct risk assessments or service engagements for the most complex business in the global property portfolio.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Reports to the RC Vice President for Property.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. In-depth technical knowledge of theories and practices of property risk control and working knowledge in various technical standards, corporate governance, professional services, and property and casualty insurance.
2. In-depth knowledge of fire protection engineering principles and concepts, as well as experience in building and fire protection plan design and review.
3. Strong communication, motivational, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of external and/or internal business partners within scope of responsibility, team and/or matrix environment.
4. Technical Leadership skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
5. Ability to drive results by identifying and resolving problems within scope of responsibility.
6. Knowledge of the insurance industry segments and property and its underwriting products and services.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree with Master’s preferred in safety, health, engineering or related discipline or equivalent.
2. Typically minimum of 10 years related risk control experience, with five years advanced technical leadership experience.
3. Professional Engineer (P.E.) certification preferred.
Sign up and search through 102,456 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: