Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Provide leadership to the Community Banking Regional Branch Operations Leaders, Community Banking Operations Specialists, Community Banking Internal Control Compliance Examiners and branch associates in operational integrity efforts and goals through coaching for the Region’s operations function with significant emphasis on compliance, security, and operations efficiency. Guidance provided by the Regional Branch Operations Manager (RBOM).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Responsible for providing assistance to the RBOM in the direct oversight and management of Community Banking Operations Specialists, Community Banking Internal Control Compliance Examiners, and/or Community Banking Regional Branch Operations Leader, within a Region, which includes but is not limited to:
1. provide day-to-day direction and coaching for assigned associates;
2. manage staffing and scheduling of Examiners to achieve maximum Internal Control Review (ICR) completion and operational oversight;
3. oversee the execution of the Internal Control Program;
4. Region’s overall risk management, security and safety, and branch regulatory compliance.
2. Job shadow Internal Control Compliance Examiner Teams on a quarterly basis to provide ICR coaching and feedback.
3. Job shadow Operations Specialists on a semi-annual basis to provide coaching and feedback.
4. Act as liaison between Operations Team and various lines of business throughout the Bank to resolve complex issues including non-routine client complaints received from branches and the Complaint Management Group.
5. Serve as an additional escalation point for any indications of control weaknesses within operational procedures within region.
6. Identify areas where additional training is necessary. Coordinate such training activities with applicable management and BB&T University.
7. Along with the RBOM, evaluate current, new or changes to branch operations policies and procedures to determine appropriate action and/or communication within the Community Bank branches.
8. Assist in the monitoring and follow up of assigned reports for the Region, as delegated by the RBOM.
9. Support and assist regional staff and center managers in assessing individual performance of branch associates in areas of policy, procedures, standards and compliance.
10. Assist Enterprise Support Services and/or Facilities Special Projects in managing Bank properties to include new constructions, renovations, closings, consolidations and mergers.
On February 7, 2019, it was announced that Company Banks, Inc. and BB&T Corporation intend to merge, with the combined entity to be named Truist Financial Corporation (“Truist”). The merger is subject to regulatory approval, and BB&T and Company remain separate and independent companies until the merger closes. This position, which would be for a role with Truist or an affiliate, is contingent upon the merger receiving regulatory approval and closing.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Associate’s degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of experience in banking; preferably with a minimum of two years branch experience, experience as a Regional Branch Operations Leader or in other operations-related functions within the financial industry, or extensive related work experience
3. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in relating to clients and others, both within and outside the Bank
4. Good organizational skills and ability to develop basic understanding of operational policies, procedures and guidelines
5. Effective interpersonal and diplomacy skills
6. Consistent success in effective problem resolution management
7. Sound decision-making skills
8. Management experience or demonstrated ability to lead others
9. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
10. Ability to relocate, if applicable
11. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
Sign up and search through 117,177 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: