Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience and/or formal training to assist in planning and arranging corporate meetings and events. Detailed instructions and established procedures and prescribed guidelines are provided to perform a variety of tasks requiring minimal evaluation, originality or ingenuity in making routine decisions. Recommends solutions to moderately complex problems. Regular contact with contact with internal customers and vendors is required to identify research and resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages aspects of small to medium size programs through their entire lifecycle (initiation, planning, execution, closure).
• Creates and maintains on-line registration systems for meetings and events.
• Compiles and records meetings expenditures and other post meeting data in meeting planning database.
• Creates key communications, digital and print, for executives and attendees.
• Manages air processes with in-house travel agency to include lift analysis, approved travelers’ lists, manifest coordination and overall trip approvals, as needed.
• Provides on-site coordination of events, including coordinating hotel staff and program logistics.
• Manages time with the ability to effectively balance multiple events at different stages.
• Performs administrative duties for the meeting planning group.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic concepts, principles and practices of meeting and event planning.
• Microsoft Office suite.
• Database management.
• Corporate travel policies.
• Basic reasoning and decision making to compose recommendations on direction and scope of meetings.
• Written and verbal communications in order to professionally address a wide and varied audience both internally and externally.
• Project management to successfully complete long term projects.
• Organizational and time management skills to best handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
• Basic accounting principles.
• Providing a high level of customer service.
• Independently manage work projects.
• Negotiate with external vendors.
• Create, manage and adhere to conference budgets.
• Handle multiple tasks and projects.
• Identify problems and create effective solutions.
• Quickly construct effective contingency plans.
• Articulate reasons behind decisions.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in a related discipline.
• Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience approved by Human Resources.
• Ability to obtain certification as a Meeting Professional.
Sign up and search through 65,440 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: