Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
This position is an anticipated vacancy.
Title: Assistant Principal, K-8 School
General Description and Goals:
The Assistant Principal will maintain student discipline and manage the business aspects of the school in order to assist the principal to create an environment conducive to effective teaching and learning.
Reports to: Principal
Terms: BASAS, Group 10B, 211 days
1. Assists in the supervision of all staff and assumes the duties of the principal when he/she is not on the premises.
2. Implements the Code of Discipline and maintains the safety and security of the building and grounds.
3. Supervises the arrival and departure of students; supervises the behavior of students in the common areas of the building and grounds.
4. Assists the principal in his/her managerial duties including:
5. ◦ supervises maintenance of the building and grounds
◦ coordinates purchases and delivery of supplies and equipment
◦ supervises maintenance of personnel and student records
◦ prepares reports and statistics of school operations
◦ prepares and maintains the master schedule within planning parameters established by principal
6. Supervises substitute teachers, including arranging for coverage, ensuring that substitute folders are Company to date and available for monitoring and evaluating performance.
7. Assists the principal in planning activities including coordinating curriculum, instruction, student's activities, and student support services.
8. Assumes related duties as requested by the principal.
Master's Degree (copy of transcript required) if not a Company employee
Within the Master's or supplementary to it, six (6) semester hours in educational administration and/or supervision courses
Three (3) years successful urban teaching experience
Massachusetts Certification for Elementary School Principal #82 (old) OR #79(A) (new) or Principal/Assistant Principal Provisional/ Advanced Standing or Standard (K-6)
Demonstrated leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, teachers, administrators and parents
Ability to establish a multi-cultural atmosphere which enhances individual growth and promotes a positive self-image
Three (3) years experience as an elementary or middle school administrator
Experience working in a multi-grade elementary school
The Company, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals’ dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.
Sign up and search through 61,861 curated jobs in the Education Edition: