Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Open Until Filled: Yes
Type of Appointment: Permanent
Number of Months per Year: 12
The Assistant Director will oversee staff who provide student support coordination and Career Support Coordination for the Beyond Academics program. They will be instrumental in the application of programs, volunteer/intern coordination and day to day operations of the program.
Master’s in Human Services related field or a bachelor’s with 3 years experience. 2 years experience in post secondary education for students with IDD.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Supervise Student Resources Coordinator and Career Support Coordinator. Co-supervise graduate assistants, interns, volunteers and instructors.
Internal/External Collaborations 40%
1. Campus collaborations. Support the coordinators in the oversight of campus collaborations with Career Services, School of Health and Human Sciences, Office of Leadership and Community Engagement, Housing and Residences Life and other campus collaborators addressing non-routine matters as they arise.
2. External collaborators – Establish and support formal partnerships with Vocational Rehabilitation and Health and Human Services agencies such ARC of Company.
Departmental support 35%
a. Admissions under the direction of the Associate Director, participate in the admissions process through committee facilitation, application review and input, admissions input and communication.
b. Participate in the management team through participation in regular team meetings. Assist the Director and Associate Director with documentation and action plan development as needed.
c. Ensure consistent implementation of policies and procedures. Responsible for maintaining accurate departmental records and providing training to graduate assistants, interns and volunteers.
d. Program of Study (POS) assistance.
1. At the direction of the Associate Director provide curriculum feedback as a member of the advising team, through implementation of evaluation tools and collection of input from coordinators.
2. Recommend adjustments to curriculum and programs of study as appropriate.
3. Participate in Company commencements and coordinate student support for departmental graduation.
4. Act as an academic advisor to students to maintain and support students in their POS.
5. Provide family support through communication for ongoing sharing of information as appropriate (i.e. sending regular presentations and updates to families). Communicate with families based on concerns that may arise that were not resolved at the coordinator level.
6. Ensure student satisfaction by handling student concerns, requests and complaints of a routine manner. Involving the Associate Director or Director when matters are of a non-routine matter or not resolved in a reasonable amount of time.
e. Emergency Management first line of communication by being the on-call/on-duty BA representative who will facilitate communication with campus partners and external partners. This position will be backed up by the Associate Director.
Other Duties 5%
Provide other duties as needed.
Sign up and search through 51,244 curated jobs in the Education Edition: