Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Ignite your passion at Diversicare!
At Diversicare, our team has a passion for life and a heart for service. We strive to create a warm, caring, safe and professional environment for our customers and each other.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing to join our team. We invite you to APPLY NOW!
Ignite your passion at Diversicare!
Diversicare provides post-acute care services to patients and residents at 62 skilled nursing and long-term care centers in nine states, primarily in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest United States. Together, with our team of dedicated healthcare professionals, we leverage our diverse strengths to provide each patient and resident with healthcare serves that best meet their needs.
It is Diversicare’s Mission to “Improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.”
We are guided to excellence by five Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork and Stewardship, as well as 12 Service Standards.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence. Our Service Standards are in place to offer support. They lead us to what matters most to our company: creating a warm, caring, safe and professional environment for our customers and each other.
Our culture of impassioned service delivery is the Diversicare Difference.
1. Assists the Director of Nursing with management of the nursing department.
2. Assists in interviewing applicants and recommends hiring of staff and scheduling.
3. Participates in orientation and in-service education training.
4. Participates in performance reviews and personnel files; enforces the personnel policies of the facility, including disciplining and terminating employees.
5. Assists Director of Nursing in ensuring compliance with regulations for documentation from physicians and nursing personnel and ensuring that all regional policies/procedures are implemented.
6. Assists with care planning process.
7. Make rounds daily to direct the work of employees and to observe for hazards, work duty problems, and ensure services are delivered to clients consistent with needs.
8. Assists with Continuous Quality Improvement and corrective follow-up actions.
9. Follows up daily on each unit to ensure changes in status are reported and recorded and that services are provided.
10. Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, completes chart audits and reports results and progress, and makes recommendations for improvement to the Director of Nursing.
11. Ensures proper infection control techniques are utilized.
12. Maintains effective communication with families, residents and facility staff.
13. May be required to drive for company business with either company vehicle personal vehicle.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the DON.
1. Current R.N. license by State Board of Nursing required with experience in the long term care or working with the geriatric population preferred.
2. Must have at least three years nursing experience and one year supervisory experience.
3. Clerical ability is necessary to read reports and utilize data accurately for other purposes.
4. Skill in organizing and planning programs and managing personnel to provide nursing service for residents.
5. Ability to plan and direct the department, coordinating with other departments.
Sign up and search through 163,318 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: