Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
The Lastinger Center for Learning is an education innovation hub within Company's College of Education focused on creating equitable education systems that improve teaching and learning across early childhood and K-12 education. Specifically, the Center targets kindergarten readiness, 3rd grade reading proficiency, and algebra proficiency as critical milestones in children's educational trajectory that are predictive of success in school and life. The Center works at the nexus of research, practice, and policy to develop sustainable systems that leverage educational technologies and improve the implementation of research-based practices. Housed in one of the nation's elite public research universities, the Center operates as a dynamic, entrepreneurial workplace focused on executing against Company's service mission to strengthen the human condition and improve the quality of life.
This position is the leader of the Strategy team, working under the Center Director.
Assistant Director for Strategy job functions include:
Marketing and Development
Work closely with the Center Director and executive leadership team to coordinate sales and development activities through marketing of the Center’s educational products and services, including the pursuit of service contracts as well as public and philanthropic grants. This includes short and long-term strategic planning which are key components of this job.
Assessing current market and competitive situations to determine growth opportunities provides vision for the entire development effort.
Other responsibilities involved in this area include:
◦ Work with strategy managers to determine product pricing for each area of the Center’s work by utilizing market research data; reviewing production costs; anticipating market; costing special and customized orders;
◦ Work with executive leadership and associates to more fully develop user focused concepts for future work designated by replication, adaptation, innovation;
◦ Prioritize needed focus for work and revenue to accomplish;
◦ Develop a suite of marketing materials and collateral for LC products and services overall, individually for each milestone, and that vary for different audiences (customers, clients, policymakers;
◦ Develop and execute marketing approaches/processes for more promotional brand building and market research (webinars, routes to market, conferences); and
◦ Introduce and market new products by developing time-integrated plans with client management, implementation and content development teams
◦ Engage in pre-proposal alignment of scope with product roadmaps to ensure good fit and contributes to discussions of resource allocation and effort estimation for proposal line items;
◦ Coordinate proposal development for new funding opportunities; and
◦ Develop and maintain a business proposal that makes a compelling case for continued investment into products.
Implement and maintain high standards of quality control. These responsibilities include recruiting, performing employee reviews, overseeing team interactions, and focusing promotion effort among the Strategy team on maintaining the highest quality.
Ensuring the morale of staff remains high and personnel remain motivated to achieve goals and objectives of the Center is of great importance.
Develop positive relationships with key partners, community and state leaders, and education stakeholders across the state and country. These include relationships with current and prospective clients and partners to enhance revenue development and collaboration opportunities that align with the Center’s mission and goals for long-term growth.
Lead market research initiatives to understand market demands and challenges and compare with the Center's unique attributes and solutions;
Prioritize build efforts by collecting market and user needs internally and externally, validating those needs (application to broader audience), understanding effort to execute and available resources, quantifying ROI (in terms of revenue and impact);
Develop value propositions, user personas and stories to inform creation of product catalogs and roadmap;
Develop strategies for internal and external user feedback on programs and services; and
Collaborate with Lastinger Leadership and Associates to develop a clear client and user-focused vision for strategic product development for each milestone and Flamingo.
Other duties as assigned
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of relevant experience.
Must have a valid State of Florida driver's license
Experience in education and education markets
Product management experience, preferably in delivering customer-facing products and services within the education field
Strong communications skills with the ability to translate information into tailored messaging based on client or user
Experience managing product, project, or program teams
Experience translating customer needs into products, product features, and pricing models
Market, client, and user analysis skills to understand trends and needs
Ability to execute data-driven decisions to lead to measurable results
Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
Experience in business and proposal development and coordination
Big-picture vision, independent, with ability to pay attention
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This is a time-limited position.
Health Assessment Required:
Sign up and search through 86,708 curated jobs in the Education Edition: