Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Reporting to Associate Athletics Director, the Assistant Athletic Director for Development will assist in the day-to-day identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gift prospects for the department of athletics. This position will largely oversee the annual and leadership gift side of the Athletics Department. The Assistant Athletic Director will provide leadership to all varsity sport associations and will directly oversee select associations.
1. Composes a wide variety of written materials including detailed individual prospect briefings, acknowledgements, stewardship letters and gift proposals, plus alumni and donor communications for alumni, press releases, alumni updates, etc.
2. Promotes increased alumni/ae participation and involvement, through active engagement with class agents, class secretaries and support of the Alumni Board, as appropriate. a. Develops strategies, participation and revenue goals for Annual Fund; assists in the implementation of annual fund strategies, coordinates with the Central Development Office, and the school class agents. b. Works with current students to promote future giving through programs such as class gifts, SIG’s, phonathon, etc. c. Assists in the development and implementation of alumni events, including annual reunion and regional events.
3. Supports management in a range of capacities as needed, including prospect strategy design and implementation, report generation and manipulation of information systems.
4. Coordinates publicity and outreach efforts on behalf of the office.
5. Provides research on individuals and/or corporations and foundation using office files, databases, and Internet search engines and resources.
6. Provides pre-award support for corporation and foundation proposals, including budget preparation, and completing pre-proposal administrative forms and correspondence for business office review and approval.
7. Creates summaries of the prospect pool with respect to giving, status, affiliation, and other focus points as needed.
8. Manages interaction between the school Development Office and University Research department to optimize top prospect development interests.
9. Interacts with alums and major gifts donors to provide cultivation and stewardship as appropriate.
10. Coordinates events including reunion, Leadership Council, Alumni donor receptions, etc.
11. May perform other duties as assigned.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Company considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance.
Sign up and search through 56,973 curated jobs in the Education Edition: