Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Company can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The EMEA Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
As part of the Risk Division, the Portfolio Management, Stress & Capital function is responsible for computing, assessing, stressing and managing the portfolio of risk and related capital, as well as leading the Division’s contribution to enterprise-wide programs depending on risk or risk-based capital. Within the function, the Market Risk Capital team contributes to a wide variety of Market Risk capital-related projects and initiatives, and the market risk capital reporting process, including review and analysis of the composition of the portfolio as well as key drivers of movements.
The Market Risk Capital team is seeking an Analyst, based in Mumbai, to support the Firm’s EMEA businesses with main offices in London and Frankfurt. The role holder will support the reporting and analytical review process for Market Risk and XVA Risk capital calculations. In addition, the role holder will contribute to a variety of other deliverables (e.g. Pillar 3, stakeholder support, risk/control self-assessments).
The position requires a quantitative background and a willingness to learn Market Risk management fundamentals including products, trading strategies, booking models, risk data and metrics, risk and capital models/methodologies, and risk systems. The role holder should also be willing to invest time in developing an understanding of current and evolving Basel regulatory Market Risk and XVA Risk capital calculations and methodologies, as applied to a Tier 1 sales and trading institution.
· Support the Advanced Market Risk (VaR, Stressed VaR, Incremental Risk Charge, Comprehensive Risk Measure, Risks not in VaR) and XVA Risk capital calculations, reporting and analytical review for the UK and European regulated entities
· Deliver insightful analysis and management information to support review and assurance of the Market and CVA Risk regulatory capital position and provide clear, concise and precise responses to information requests from senior management and regulatory authorities
· Maintain robust processes in support of regulatory, data quality, policy and model control and compliance
· Develop new analytical review tools/capabilities and maintain existing data analysis frameworks
· Develop and maintain comprehensive process and evidentiary documentation in support of process transparency, business continuity and periodic internal audits
· Foster good relationships with stakeholders in Analytics, Middle Office, Operations, IT, Finance/Regulatory Control
Skills/abilities required (essential)
· Master’s or equivalent degree in finance, economics, mathematics with excellent academic background
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Capable of communicating clearly and concisely to various levels of audiences
· Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills, with databases and programming experience (SQL, Access, VBA, Python etc.)
· Strong organisational skills to meet challenging objectives and manage competing priorities
· Highly motivated self-starters who can work independently with minimal supervision and with a strong client focus
· Good working knowledge of banking and markets and their fundamentals, and an interest in risk management in financial institutions.
Sign up and search through 66,473 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: