Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Our two clearly defined divisions, Barclays UK and Barclays International, provide diversification by business line, geography and customer, enhancing financial resilience and helping to contribute to the delivery of consistent returns through the business cycle. We have a strong core business with exciting prospects, well positioned to deliver long-term value for our shareholders.
Consistent with the objective of delivering long-term sustainable value for all our stakeholders, we have developed our Shared Growth Ambition – our approach to citizenship and the sustainability of the business model we operate. The aim is to make decisions and do business that provides our clients and customers, and the communities which we serve, with access to a prosperous future.
The delivery of our strategy is underpinned by the energy, commitment and passion of our people, and we are clear on our common purpose: to help people achieve their ambitions, in the right way.
About Barclays India Employee Value Proposition
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, as a person. The statement ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It is the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and therefore is at the heart of every employee experience. Following are the four supporting pillars of our employee value proposition:
· Be More Globally Connected
· Be More Inspired
· Be More Impactful
· Be More Valued
For further information on EVP, please click on the link below
Company website-and-technology/global-service-centre/Company website
Operations & Technology has a crucial role to play in enabling Barclays to become the bank of choice. We will do this by taking our business into the digital future, and creating world-class experiences for our customers, clients and colleagues.
About IB Operations
The primary function of the Operations team is to ensure & meet service delivery for quality and timeliness for entire Forex, Money Markets & Derivative Trade processing. This includes management of an end-to-end Trade processing and Reporting of Forex, Money markets & Derivative undertaken by the Bank.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Overall purpose of role
· Managing the end-to-end processing of FX trades, which entails Trade validation, confirmation, settlement, reconciliation & regulatory reporting.
· Reporting of trades to CCIL within the prescribed timeline.
· Monitoring of regulatory documentation in relation to contractual or anticipated exposures of the clients and associated limit monitoring.
· The job role requires meeting service delivery standards for quality and timeliness for entire FX, operations. This entail processing of FX trades which includes trade validation, confirmation, settlement – CCIL/CLS, reconciliation & regulatory reporting
· The job role entails monitoring of trade level documentation such as confirmations, underlying exposure, Board Resolution, LEI etc.
· This role requires understanding of the regulatory report submission & should be aware of regulatory changes applicable.
· The Job entails liaising with multiple stakeholder including clients.
· Periodic Interaction with Technology for issues resolutions, new deliveries, bug fixes etc.
· Testing of new functionality in system.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Create strong partnerships with Business, Compliance and other departments. Support business areas in deciphering upcoming regulatory changes, and help them implement appropriate controls to meets these requirements.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The Incumbent must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and communicate effectively with Business, Clients and other stakeholders.
The Incumbent should have the ability to quickly analyze the impact of changes in guidelines, providing business with analysis and impact of changes in guidelines. Follow-through skills and time management are critical elements of this position.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
· Knowledge of the Forex Business
· FEDAI Accreditation or 5 years’ experience
· Clear understanding of various RBI guidelines, FEDAI circulars, FIMMDA circulars, FEMA notifications from time to time applicable for FX.
· Strong analytical skills and detail orientated.
· Strong ability to multi-task.
· A “can do” attitude – willingness to accept challenges and work to tight deadlines
· Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues and risks
· Excellent attention to detail
· Be self-motivated and highly driven individual
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
· Working knowledge of all aspects of India banking sector
· In depth business awareness and specific industry/country/International awareness
· Awareness of legislation affecting the Bank and customers
· Ability to network effectively both internally and externally and maintain/develop relationships with key figures in the business community.
· Likely to have previously undertaken a role in a similar market place for at least 4-5 years
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
· Minimum qualification a University graduate
· Experience of working in a regulated (banking & financial services) environment
· Knowledge of the FX products, services and policies required to undertake the role
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Sign up and search through 43,504 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: