Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Analyst,you’ll dive head-first into the vast goodness of our data warehouse and surface with well-constructed insights that will help Rioters make more player-focused decisions. You’ll provide a unique voice to players by using top-notch analytic skills to translate their collective behavior into narratives that describe their experiences, both awesome and not-awesome. Armed with these narratives, you’ll inform decisions across Riot and ensure that we make good on our mission to become the most player-focused game company in the world.
• Player-focused: you’re a core gamer and an analyst, probably in that order, and you use your gaming experience to help interpret the data you’re seeing in a way that makes sense. Bonus points for ranked LoL play – take play seriously
• Educated: you’ll need at least a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Math, Management Information Systems or a related discipline; and you'vegot XP applying what you've learned to one or more companies
• An analyst assassin: numbers are your weapon of choice, and you count statistics, probability, and algebra among your favorite tools of our trade; no bonus – this is where you shine, 1 or 0
• Business-savvy:three to five years of business XP has left you well-aware that there’s no point to analyzing all the things if the decision hinges on one number; you’re sharp about what makes a place like Riot tick and can find the critical path to a meaningful answer with ease; professional XP developing KPIs to inform business decisions will earn you some bonus points
• Technically adept:you don’t believe in language barriers; you already know or are down to learn SQL, Python, or any other language that makes getting to the data more efficient; bonus points for front-end languages like Java or PHP
• Social: you can make friends anywhere you go, but that’s the easy part – you’re ready and able to become a trusted advisor to decision-makers across Riot
• Adaptable: you recognize that situations change, complications arise, and you’re ok with that; you’re coolly flexible and able to handle whatever comes your way
• An equipped communicator: you deftly generate reports and analysis using Excel, Powerpoint, or Tableau; you’re capable of translating raw data into reports and presentations that are clear and concise, even to a statistical layperson
• Work in teams and solo to accurately aggregate and analyze petabytes of game data in preparation for deeper analysis and/or reporting
• Organize the data you’ve collected into reliable intel that informs Rioters about areas where we can improve the player experience
• Work with decision-makers to understand their goals, identify opportunities to use player data more effectively, and present findings as you make them
• Create awesome
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Sign up and search through 29,374 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: