Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
An Advanced Practice Provider (APP) functions as an independent healthcare provider working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health team to provide comprehensive care to patients in a dual role of outpatient and/or inpatient setting. Responsible for assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management, education, health promotion and care coordination for patients and families with acute and chronic health needs. Works with administrative, nursing, physician, and university faculty to assure safe, effective, quality patient care and to promote Company’s educational and research missions. Provides care within their scope of practice as outlined by applicable state law, licensing, regulations, and institutional policy and practice agreements.
1. Clinical. Performs history and physical assessments of patients that are accurate, complete, concise, relevant and appropriate for age, gender and clinical problem. Orders appropriate diagnostic studies and correctly interprets results. Develops, implements, evaluates, and alters the plan of care as needed. Maintains accurate, complete, concise and timely documentation in the electronic medical record.
2. Patient Care. Provides care that is patient and family centered, compassionate, appropriate and effective for the promotion of health, prevention of illness and treatment of disease throughout the lifespan. Facilitates consistent, coordinated care and clear communication among all members of the healthcare team. Incorporates the patient and family in care planning and treatment across settings. Considers cost effectiveness and risk/benefit analysis when making decisions about patient care. Uses evidenced-based medicine to systematically analyze and improve patient care practices. Develops, evaluates, and implements standards of care within area of specialization (policies, protocols, etc.).
3. Research. Participates in research opportunities to advance the care and treatment of patients.
4. Communication. Communicates and collaborates effectively with physicians, other health professionals and health related agencies. Counsels and educates patients and families. Serves as an advocate for patients and families in navigating the health care system.
5. Activities. Participates in education of students and other health care professionals. Participates in organizational and departmental meetings, educational opportunities, committees and workgroups as necessary. Participates in quality initiative/performance activities. Promote interdisciplinary practice and implement strategies to overcome barriers to collaboration.
6. As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Nurse Practitioner - Master’s Degree from accredited Nursing Program OR
Physician Assistant - Master’s Degree from accredited PA Program
Training: Requires Acute Care Training
Active RN and APNP license in State of Oklahoma AND
Active board certification Nurse Practitioner
Active PA license in State of Oklahoma AND
Active PA board certification
Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants must obtain the required licensure from the State of Oklahoma within 30 days after the offer of employment.
All Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant applicants must have:
Active DEA license or ability to apply for such license prior to or upon hire
CPR certification and Advanced Life Support certifications if relevant to practice area (ACLS, PALS, NRP)
Sign up and search through 86,754 curated jobs in the Education Edition: