Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Purpose and Scope
Responsible for many of the day-to-day administrative tasks of the office, including handling sensitive documents and records.
Essential Job Functions
1. Makes appointments and manage the Director of Payroll’s schedule.
2. Greets visitors to the office, answers phone calls, take messages and sorts mail
3. Drafts correspondence using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and related programs)
4. Organizes, establishes and maintains complex filing systems and records
5. Coordinates projects, compiles reports,
6. Collects data, compiles reports and maintains records, researching the internet for relevant data and information, as required.
7. Maintains and retrieves financial documents to assist in internal and external audits.
8. Manages payroll, attendance, vacation and other records.
9. Requisitions supplies, equipment, travel and other division/department expenditures; manages assigned budgets and prepares related reports.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed
Requires a High School diploma or equivalent plus an additional four (4) years of secretarial/clerical and computer experience, or equivalent, for a total education/experience of four (4) years. Certification in Microsoft Office and/or Administrative Professional (CAP) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of administrative procedures and research techniques
Must possess analytical and organizational skills, good judgment, and initiative
Ability to coordinate multiple priorities
Ability to operate a computer and use appropriate software applications and peripheral office equipment
Demonstrated proficiency in business English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment.
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
Sensory (ADA) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the Company to provide adequate accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
Sign up and search through 61,527 curated jobs in the Education Edition: