Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Company has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our team in San Francisco, CA. This role will support the SVP, Branch Manager. Primary responsibilities will include: Agency Contract Management (Agency appointment/terminations), annual contract renewal process, updates to contracts and agent/agency information; Event planning for up to 150 attendees (on-site/off-site) for lunch & learns, trainings, and sales events; Pulling and preparing monthly, weekly, ad hoc reports from multiple systems; Preparing PowerPoint presentations; Calendar management; travel reservations; expense reports; and general office management (new hire set up, order/maintain office supplies & equipment).
Our ideal candidate will possess strong organizational and communication skills. Expertise in the Microsoft office suite (outlook, word, excel, and PowerPoint) is required, and Company website experience in highly desired. Along with previous insurance industry experience a plus.
Administrative Assistant for the SVP, Branch Manager. Under general supervision performs complex administrative support on day to day operational matters in an operations, corporate services, or sales area. Interacts and resolves issues which may be sensitive and confidential in nature. Collaborates with others acting as liaison between management and other business units.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assists management in the coordination of organizational administration activities which may include but would not be limited to performance reviews, cost center updates, customer issues etc., and within scope of authority, resolves problems and issues independently and proactively.
2. Drafts, prepares and distributes correspondence, memos, and other documents and reports, which require the use of office technologies and software applications.
3. Collaborates with internal and external contacts regarding business unit administration issues and concerns.
4. Schedules and coordinates meetings, conferences, travel arrangements and maintains group or manager's business calendar.
5. Acting with a sense of urgency, prepares, processes and may submit reports, which may include timekeeping and other payroll/business operations processes; may train staff or management on timekeeping and other administrative processes.
6. May lead, mentor and train other staff.
7. May establish and maintain official documents and records in appropriate files.
8. May assist management in special projects.
9. May attend meetings, seminars etc. and records notes or provides information as needed.
10. May back up other Administrative Assistants, and may provide administrative assistance to other functional areas.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Supervisor or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including professional phone etiquette.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners and staff at all levels.
3. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
4. Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
5. Overall general knowledge of the insurance industry and the business units.
Education & Experience
1. Some college with course work in Marketing, Business, Accounting, etc. desirable.
2. Typically a minimum four years strong administrative experience.
Sign up and search through 87,648 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: