Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Our Professional Engineering team at McGraw-Hill develops market-leading content in print and digital formats for professionals, and students. As a member of our Professional group, you’ll impact engineers and technical professionals around the world in their day-to-day jobs.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Acquisitions Editor to join our team. This position is responsible for acquiring, developing, and publishing Civil Engineering content in the engineering program of McGraw-Hill Professional’s Technical Group, with expectations for annual growth and new product development.
Your contribution to the team includes:
· Networking within the community identified with this program by attending trade shows, conferences and campus visits.
· Negotiating author contracts, including advances, royalty rates, licensing, etc.
Ability to complete research and analysis and decide what content to publish in each of the topic areas assigned.
Mastering existing systems (PDH and iPub) and the use of these tools to manage projects internally.
Ability to guide authors through the publishing process and prepare manuscripts.
What you’ll need to be successful:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Minimum of three to five years of related acquisitions experience in the civil engineering or other related engineering or technical content markets.
· Experience building/maintaining a network and working with technical subject matter experts.
· Strong communication skills and project management skills.
· Experience working with technical associations.
When you join our team, you become part of a company that impacts millions of students and teachers every day. As a leader in the EdTech space, McGraw-Hill offers flexibility and collaboration while creating innovative products that positively impact learning. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every learner and every employee.
Join us for a career where you’ll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Sign up and search through 10,698 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: